Today is my 40th birthday, and as I remember how I used to think about how old being 40 is, I can’t help but smile. Okay, so this is how it feels.
“Life begins at forty”, they say.
“Life continues at 40”.
Because each year in the past and in the future was and will be a continuous celebration of ourselves by ourselves and the people who love us.
Because each year is a continuation of our quest for adventures, explorations, moments to cherish within ourselves and with the people we love.
Because each year is a continuous fulfilment of our dreams. Each year is a continuation of becoming what we think.
In celebration of my 40th birthday, I’ve thought of revisiting and updating my life list – an inspiration list. Originally written in 2013, here is my updated, (still) ambitious but very workable life list, in no particular order:
- Procreate. A life list written in 2013, I am now a mom of two beautiful kids – one born in 2014 and another in 2017.
- Build our dream home.
- See a Jason Mraz concert. Find means to have a ‘Jason Mraz and me’ photograph that I could display in our dream home. =p Uhmm… 😀
- Trek to Machu Pichu.
- Ride an hot air balloon in Cappadocia.
- Attend a Brazilian Carnival. Originally written in 2013, this does not appeal to me now inasmuch as I want to have a complete cultural immersion in a country less traveled where I can have a chance to live with the locals and live like them. In a less touristy place.
- Become financially literate. Yes! 🙂
- Explore Batanes in the Philippines. Was there in March 2015, and celebrated my daughter’s first birthday in the Rolling Hills of Batanes.
Explore cities in Spain, Portugal, Czech Republic
- See the original Legoland in Denmark.
- Learn how to swim. – Swimming class starts shortly. Getting there ! 🙂
- Scuba dive on my own. (I have tried scuba diving in Bali even though I did not know how to swim and dive. Strange? I had a good Balinese scuba diver cum sea tour guide with me. 🙂
- Explore Dubai and Ferrari world in Abu Dhabi, UAE. I have changed my mind – I want to explore a places less traveled place and join a trekking group before my knees give up on me!
- Learn how to play the violin.
- Play Jason Mraz songs in violin.
- Play the violin in front of an audience.
- Explore Coron in Palawan, Philippines.
- Conquer the Grand Canyon Skywalk.
- Take a PMP short course and become a Project Management Professional. Originally written in 2013, I am slowly getting there. Currently working on a 12-module course, baby steps.:)
- Experience a cruise vacation.
- Visit an Asian destination with family. I’ve done a European trip with my parents, siblings, my husband and kid in 2016. 🙂 Good enough!
- Experience the beauty of cherry blossoms in Tokyo.
- Visit Sanrio Puroland in Tokyo.
- Start and grow a family business.
See Seoul.Visited Seoul in October 2018 and got “Seouled”. More of this in my next blog. 🙂
- Trek the Great Walls of China.
- Become a college professor.
- Reach the peak of Mount Kinabalu. Written in 2013, I now realize that this would be very difficult to do. An overnight trek and a sunset + sunrise experience at the mountains will be a good substitute! In Nepal?
- Pursue ‘biking 101’. Getting there. Baby steps. 🙂
- See Las Vegas.
- See Hollywood.
- Visit Disneyland, Florida.
- Contribute an article to a travel magazine.
- Contribute an article to Lonely Planet.
- Ride an ATV (without an accident – I did one in Boracay and was lucky to have not broken my bones… haha!).
- Experience a white Christmas Done with family in 2016, and hoping for more of this!
- Have my travel photograph featured in a newspaper or magazine.
- Collaborate on an ‘adventure book’ project with Gilbert.
- Learn how to solve the Rubik’s cube.
- Watch an opera.
- Camp. Without electronics.
- Sit around a campfire and bond with family/friends
- Reunite with my relatives in IloiloVisited with my husband and my daughter in 2016.
- Work out a regular exercise with Gilbert Ok, this would be difficult as we have different “tastes” in our choices of exercises. Nevertheless, we both have our own regular exercises – pilates and yoga for me and basketball for him.
- Work out ways for to generate passive income. Thanks to our The Wanderlust’s Haven. 🙂 This is not hundred passive work though.
- Photograph faces of 100 children a la United Colors of Benetton and compile them in an album.
- Photograph faces of 100 adults a la United Colors of Benetton and compile them in an album.
- Fluently speak a new language.
- Experience a fun run. Did The Color Run 4 times now and participated in a fun run on the day of my birthday in 2015. :
See the Aurora Borealis. Yes, in Iceland. Here is my blog on it! 🙂
- Renew my marriage vows with Gilbert 22 years from now. Okay, we are down to 16 years! 🙂
- See the Angkor Wat.
- Have a Jerusalem pilgrimage.
- Learn how to bake 🙂 I did learn. The easy cookie recipes though. 😀
- See Petra, Jordan.
- See The Pyramids of Egypt.
- Experience an African Safari.
- Photograph more sunrises.
- Read all my ebooks.
- Start a meditation practice of some kind. Doing this but not very consistent.
- Volunteer for a cause.
- Blog more often.
- Learn 2 new softwares 🙂 Learned about 4 since 2013!
- Attend a blogging conference.
- Attend a retreat.
- Try rifle shooting.
- See Antarctica.
- Attend a photography seminar.
- . Drive againI have overcome my driving anxiety in 2012 after that traumatic experience in 2007. Yey! 🙂
- Surf. Learned the basics in June 2018. Here is my blog on it.
- Maintain a fitness routine and live healthily.
- Visit Santa in Lapland and live in an igloo house.
- Create more family traditions.
- See Lake Bled in Slovenia.
I’d end my life list with my favorite quote from Prince Siddharta Gautama Buddha:
“All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What you think, you become.”
Being on the Yellows!